Monday, April 15, 2019

Easter Bunny Brunch

 


Yesterday we hosted an Easter Bunny Brunch- turned "Breakfast for Dinner" (due to rainy weather on Saturday morning) for our sweet friends. I've wanted to host an Easter gathering at our home the last two years and decided to make it happen. I love planning events that we would love to attend....festive celebrations!! Fun was had by the kiddos and the adults alike! Here are a few details of our afternoon.

Where to begin? Let's be honest. It ALL starts with the food...

Brunch Menu


  • Glazed Ham Biscuits
  • with Homemade Honey Butter, or
  • Garlic Chive Butter
  • Hash-brown Casserole
  • Scrambled Eggs
  • Cinnamon Rolls
  • Fresh Fruit
  • Juices & Sweet Tea

Not too long ago I saw a biscuit bar recipe for Ham Biscuits with Garlic Chive Butter that looked absolutely AMAZING. So amazing that I screenshot it and saved it to my phone. I love trying new recipes so I tried my hand at making two whipped butters for the biscuits.

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR.

WHY HAVEN'T I TRIED WHIPPED BUTTERS BEFORE?!?!

Seriously, homemade honey butter or garlic chive butter on HOT biscuits fresh from the oven. STOP. This was hands down my favorite item I've ever served guests in the history of.... EVER! Everyone raved about them and went back for (dare I say) three biscuits?! Shhhh. Don't tell the trainers.



For the kids table I found the cutest bunny plates and napkins at TJ MAXX (my favorite spot for inexpensive paper goods) and built a festive table around them. I wanted it to be colorful to coordinate with the happy Easter eggs- so I pulled out a Spring scrapbook book I scored at Michael's after Christmas for $3 (for the entire book of 100 sheets) and used the pages as place-mats. After setting the table I decided to cut simple bunny ears from the same paper for cute little bunny headbands!! Totally on the cheap- and LOOK how cute!!!


We had an Easter Egg hunt and then the kids played baseball in the street and in the backyard. It was such a laid-back, fun gathering. Exactly what I'd hoped it would be!!


And my own two two chicks!? IN HEAVEN. 

Jonah asked me about 25 times throughout the day "when does my Easter party start?! and Sutton Claire kept sneaking over to the table to grab the chocolate. She's no dummy!!

It is my greatest JOY to create and host celebrations like this. They make the the happiest memories and are worth any time and effort I put into them.



I can't wait to celebrate Easter and our RISEN Savior this week with my little family.
Happy Easter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment