Monday, October 3, 2016

Momma Must Haves: Round II Gear

Y'all. I am so much more than giddy about getting to research tons of cool, new baby gear for a second time!!  It was one of my fave parts of being pregnant with Jonah. Reading lots of reviews and finding cool products.  Definitely with this go-around I have more of an idea of what we will and won't use or need which is a plus. Here are a few of my Momma Must-Haves at the 20 week mark-

1.  First on my hit list was a new stroller for two. Initially I thought about a double stroller, but after thinking it through it just doesn't make sense. Plus I don't think I'm cut out for double stroller drama (so wide! so heavy! need someone to open doors for you!) Jonah will turn five shortly after I have the babe. After much research I decided on the Joovy Caboose. It is a lot less expensive than our Bumble Ride. We have the Bumbleride Indie jogging stroller (retail $549). The Joovy retails for around $200, basically half the price of the Indie. And, how cute is it?!


What really stood out to me (besides the great reviews that I read!!) was its functionality for an infant and a five year old. It has a place for the infant carrier in the front and also the coolest kick board that works for sitting or standing for your big kid. I mean. Y'all. Jonah and I are both obsessed. We've tried it out with our sweet niece who was about 18 months at the time and it worked like a charm. The smaller child goes up front and is strapped in with the snack tray, the big kid at the back. They share the umbrella cover. It has a bunch of cool additions too that you can purchase.

If you are searching for the perfect single stroller I (still) highly recommend the Bumbleride. It is compact for a jogger, has amazing wheels (real, not fake plastic-y) and also is the best for jogging. I loved it and plan to keep it for our walks. I'll just need to work on Jonah's stamina on his bike. Our child wants to stop for a water break every five seconds!!

2. Next let's talk infant carriers. We plan to keep our Chicco Keyfit and get a fresh, new cover. A new carrier isn't something that I personally want to spend money on. You have it such a short period of time and they're all basically the same (not pretty and so heavy!). So, I plan to keep the one we had, replace the insert and outfit it with a few of these cute new covers. These weren't around five years ago and I am SO PUMPED about them!!

They keep the babe shielded from wind, rain and sun PLUS tons of eyes/hands of people you've never met before wanting a peek at your baby. That always weirded me out. Problem solved, y'all.
Bonus- these also convert to a cute nursing cover.

3. Wrapin' it up. Solly Baby wasn't around five years ago (to my knowledge) and with Jonah we used an Ergo Baby. Which I still plan to do for some outdoor type things, but I love the softness and how great these wraps seem to work. The reviews are fantastic and the colors are just my fave ever!!


4. Infant co-sleeper. After checking out a bunch of new stuff I found DockATot. I'm really excited about the find! A friend (Hi Ash!) let us borrow the coolest co-sleeper with hard sides when Jonah was an infant. He slept right between Jeremy and I the first month. I remember we would wake up and put our hand on his chest to make sure he was still alive. Ahh, memories of being first time parents. I loved the ease of having him right in the bed with us for easy feedings. It made my life SO much easier!! We transitioned him to a bassinet after the first month or so where he slept until he was three months old. I didn't put him in his crib until after I went back to work at 12 weeks. It totally worked for us!

So,  DockATot is interesting to me and has great reviews. I think it could work well for naps during the day and also in transitioning to the crib or for travel!

And a quick list of things we won't be spending money on (didn't use/didn't like/didn't work for us):

Wipe warmer
Diaper pail
Fancy infant bathtub

I have a ton of other finds that I've been reading up on so I'll try to break it down by type. I'll be back with cute swaddles and other things at a later date. This is some of my top gear for now. Do y'all have any suggestions, or products that you've tried/love?? I would love to know!!

*I also plan to go back and read this post of "Diaper Bag Necessities: One Year" because literally I can't remember. It's been too long. SO THANKFUL that I blog..

No comments:

Post a Comment