Friday, October 16, 2015

Blogger of the year

So. Let's be honest. I haven't won any blogger of the year awards in 2015. This will be my third blog post this year. THIRD. I can't hardly believe that myself. I posted over 100 times in 2014, roughly twice per week and I've BARELY managed to post once per quarter this year. Eh. Life.

This year my "word" of the year must be rest. Just saying "NO" to outside pressure, stress and obligations.

I've got a lot to say. A lot, but I better pace myself (ha).

And, I could hug the sweet friend that texted me this week to tell me she misses reading my posts (Heyyyy, SherahJo!!). Kindof a kick in the rear I needed to remind myself that this blog about our life is important. Especially for our kiddos to look back on and read when they're grown (no, I didn't say kiddos to give you a big announcement) and see our adventures together. Somehow instagram replaced my blog.

Anyhow, I'm back. Maybe. I'm not going to put undue pressure on myself. I leave for China next week (great timing) and I'll be out of pocket for two weeks.

Soooo. I can't really catch up on five months, but I'll summarize. We moved into our home (I'll do some fun before and after photo posts) have gotten settled in, became semi-burned out on home reno projects and stopped for a break. Jonah had a big "werk" party (I'll def post photos from that) And have just been enjoying our new part of town/life in general.

I'll leave you with this new recipe that Jonah and I tried yesterday. Seriously yummy oatmeal cookies that came about because I was hungry for cookies, Jonah wanted me to play with him (he says that probably 654235 times per afternoon) and I didn't have butter so I googled "oatmeal cookies no butter". Annnnd, that's a fact. So, so good.


Recipe Via

Ingredients

  • 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup canola oil or melted coconut oil (use a little more if dough seems is too dry)
  • 2 large eggs
  • 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or chocolate chunks + more if desried

Instructions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a silpat or parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl or bowl of a stand mixer add the oatmeal, flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, canola oil, eggs and vanilla, beat until the dough is moist and all the ingredients are combined. The dough will be crumbly. Mix in the chocolate chips.
Using your hands clump together a tablespoon of dough. Use you hands to really squeeze the dough into a ball. If the mixture is not holding add 1 tablespoon more of oil. Place on prepared baking sheet. If your balls are a little crumbly do not worry, they will come together while baking. Repeat with remaining dough.
Bake for 10 -12 minutes or until set and golden. These are best right out of the oven, so eat up!

No comments:

Post a Comment