Thursday, November 28, 2013

Dwell in Gratitude



Being thankful on a daily basis is something I've been working on. It's hard. It requires being intent upon it. Having a thankful heart isn't something that just comes naturally for me. An uncontent heart? Sure. Jealous heart? Absolutely.  A snappy and sometimes angry-questioning heart? Uh huh. Yep. That's more my speed.

Isn't it funny how we naturally tend to see the bad. To find the problem or issue with any situation. To pick at the mundane. But, being joyful, content and even thankful every single day?? It just doesn't come quite as easily for any of us.

Good things take a lot of work. Courage. Determination. I've determined in my heart to find the good in everyone I meet. To dissect a situation until I find some, small blessing in it. Something to be thankful about. Oh, it's definitely not easy. Some days life just throws curve balls. Messes are made. Accidents happen. Air conditioners give out on you and tires get a nail and go flat. Obviously this all happens juuuuust when you're saving extra money for Christmas. You insert the scenario. You know the ones. That's just the nature of life, I think.

During this holiday season I'm striving to dwell on the things that I take for granted each day. Things that I am thankful for. Good health. A healthy, spunky little baby boy. Handsome Husband that works hard for our family. A career that I love, wonderful family members, friends, and coworkers. A warm home and a soft bed. I am determined to dwell in a state of thankfulness. To find joy in the everyday, mundane. Thanking God for his amazing grace and blessings.

I hope you're taking a moment just to pause this week. To say thanks. And, to live in a moment of gratitude. My heart is full. Happy Thanksgiving, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment