Thursday, February 7, 2019

Stronger. Fitter. Better.

A month ago I did a thing I've been wanting to do a LONG time.

I joined Humble First Baptist's "Fit for Christ"- women's bible study and workout group. It's basically like a big group gym workout and then we break into smaller groups to work through the bible study lessons. I was suuuuuper nervous walking into something that felt so new and unknown to me.


There are roughly 80 women in this class. I was so nervous on the first day! The class is led by a local trainer that owns a women's boot camp.  I had no idea what to expect of the workout, nor the bible-study. It felt totally outside of my comfort zone!! New place. New people. I pushed through, and went. And, y'all. I am having so much fun!!! I SO totally look forward to my Tuesday's now!!!!!

We're working through an entire amazing bible study (16 weeks!). The workout is from 9-10, and then we break into small-groups for the bible study until noon. Each small-group takes turn providing a healthy brunch for everyone. Isn't that so fun?! I am totally loving digging into the bible study, meeting new Momma's, and learning new healthy recipes (energy bites!!!). Tuesday is MY DAY. At the beginning of the year I made a point to make my fitness goals a priority and love being able to have this chunk of time to focus on myself. The church also offers free childcare for the class and it's absolutely wonderful- Sutton gets to play with kids her age.

The uncomfortableness I felt on day one was totally worth it. I am so glad I stepped outside of my normal. Feeling uncertain, walking into the unknown and often scary- that place where we take risks- I find that the payoff is SO GOOD. Real growth and change happen in those uncomfortable places. It's scary AND wonderful!


I encourage you to step outside of what you know and try something new you've been wanting to try! What do you have to lose? A couple hours of time? What if the outcome is amazing?!

So, here's to the new. The stronger version of Lindsay. The fitter. The healthier. The better.
I already LOVE HER!

No comments:

Post a Comment