Monday, September 30, 2013

Content Heart {Wanting What I Have & Feeling Overwhelmed}

Although this blog is mainly about fun new finds and our adventures, I wouldn't be staying true to myself unless I shared about our life. Our faith. So, this morning I would like to share what has been on my heart lately and encourage you with a few verses that have been encouraging me.

Having a a content (and joyful!) heart when I feel overwhelmed.



This is where I'm living at lately. On the corner of worry street and overwhelmed avenue. As corny as that sounds, that's a little real talk for your Monday morning. I have felt overwhelmed with keeping our life together (working a crazy/fun full-time job + making the weekly grocery list + meal planning + paying the bills + laundry pile up + toys everywhere + washing my hair). Comprende?! Just Life. Crazy, beautiful life can get  a little overwhelming at times. And, in this moment, I've been working on JOYFUL contentment. Being content with the things I have. Being content at the place in life where we're currently dwelling. Having JOY here. Joy in this moment. I want my life to radiate joy. I struggle with this.

In our present society it's almost a faux-pas to let anyone know that we struggle. Have struggles. We live in a "polish the surface" society. Make it look pretty and neat from the outside. Honestly, I think we make it more difficult on ourselves. That instinctive desire to make our life look perfectly pretty. Comparing our life. You've heard that comparison is the thief of joy, right? It is! We gloss it all over. Play pretend. Life is difficult and at times we will have struggles. Everyone, y'all. Not one person is exempt from struggle. We're human. Right? So, why all of the hiding and fear of judgement if someone knows we struggle?!

Well, my heart is not always perfect. Just gonna go ahead and let you guys know. It's a daily work. You know, it's not easy to have joy and peace. Sounds so lovely, but in the hidden nooks and crannies (don't you love that word??). Crannies. In those hidden areas I have struggled with being at peace, at ALL times. And being joyful. I get overwhelmed and feel alone. I get overwhelmed and snap at Jeremy. Sometimes I try to fill a hole with something else. A new thing. Really, I'm not kidding myself. I know, KNOW that some thing won't suffice. And I'm not NATURALLY joyful. Not gonna lie. Struuuuuggle. I just want to encourage someone. God knows your heart. Your intent. He knows tomorrow. Holds it in His hands. And, He IS Joy.

"When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, Then You knew my path. In the way in which I walk They have secretly set a snare for me." Psalm 142:6

“When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.”  Isaiah 43:1-3 

"I will lift up my eyes to the hills—From whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, He who keeps Israel Shall neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is your keeper; The Lord is your shade at your right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day, Nor the moon by night. The Lord shall preserve you from all evil;
He shall preserve your soul. The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in from this time forth, and even forevermore." Psalm 121


“I have said these things to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act. Psalm 37:5

---

What scripture is encouraging you today??

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work, I know its hard to balance it all. Especially with travel, I'm sure. I have learned to let the small things go. All that matters is quality time with H, not if the house looks perfect or she is dressed perfectly. Which is hard for a type A to do, but my stress level is more important to manage than her wardrobe, and a happy Mommy is a better Mommy!!

    ReplyDelete