Thursday, September 5, 2013

Sesame Noodles


I have a secret weapon weeknight winner. It takes 10 minutes to make and we LOVE it around here (yes, even Jonah loves it!!). I make Sesame Noodles anytime we're hungry for Asian food and need dinner ASAP. Here's the scoop...

Sesame Noodles

Step 1:  Boil 1 pkg linguine noodles (we prefer whole wheat)

Step 2:  In a bowl mix together:
1/4 c light soy
1/3 c rice vinegar
1 tsp brown sugar
1 clove of fresh garlic, minced
1 Tbsp sesame oil (I keep this on hand and use it often. Have you tried it?)
1/3 c vegetable oil

Once your noodles are finished mix them with the above ingredients. Add 1/2 bag of shredded carrots (you can also add sugar snap peas, or cucumber strips, or even zucchini! YUM!). Garnish with limes (sometimes I also add chopped scallions and cilantro if I have it on hand!)

This is super easy peasy and delicious if you love sesame + Asian noodles. WE DO!!

*Note- I've also added stir fried chicken to these noodles and I will often sear flank steak if I have a little more time + the ingredients on hand. I think it would be great with shrimp too!

No comments:

Post a Comment