Friday, October 18, 2013

Living Well, Gracefully

You guys know I'm not a plain jane, vanilla wall lovin' kinda girl, right?? Okay, good. Just want to make sure that we're all on the same page. I like color. I like paint. I like to paint walls with color. Buuut, we also happen to be renting a town-home/apartment at the moment. No painting allowed. For the next eight months I'm going to be living with these plain jane vanilla walls. Like them or not.

The walls and I have come to a truce of sorts. I don't dwell on them too much, they continue to protect my family from the elements (think basic truce, y'all) and we're even steven. Kindof. Because it's reeeeally hard for me to ignore them. So I've added every color in the rainbow (almost) to our space. And it makes me happy.

Funny how little things like throw pillows and window panels can liven up a room and make you FEEL cheerful. I'm living with these walls, gracefully now. Not angrily. Big difference, y'all.

I thought it would be fun to share our living area with you today. It's small, but it works for the time being! I've slowly added little things to make our space feel more like home. New window treatments. Remember this "Faux it Up" post I did awhile back? Yep. Those are faux window panels.

I've also added lots of cushy & bright throw pillows. Turquoise ceramic lamps. It is much improved now than when we moved in (think blank box, four walls, completely without character). Here's a small peek into my work in progress..






Source List:
Green & Blue Pillows- Homegoods
Solid Pink Pillow Covers- Hobby Lobby
Blue Chevron Pillow Covers- Hobby Lobby
Fabric for Panels- Hobby Lobby (Santa Maria Desert Flower)

The other items in the space have been picked up here and there over the years. My fab warehouse manager in Alabama made me the chevron wall hanging (and tons of custom + rustic frames that I will cherish forever!). I have a few projects up my sleeves so I will update you guys as I mark off my to-do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment