Monday, October 7, 2013

Sausage & Cheddar Balls

I made my guys a quick homemade breakfast this morning. Paula's (modified, of course) Sausage & Cheddar Balls. I had a package of lean sausage that I needed to cook, so I whipped these up. They were scrumptious!!


Sausage & Cheddar Balls
Ingredients:
3 cups baking mix (I quickly made my own as follows: 2.5 c flour, 1/8 c baking powder, 1Tbsp sugar, pinch of salt & 1/2 stick butter chopped and mixed in)
2 cups shredded cheddar (you can use more, original recipe calls for 4 cups, but I only had one pkg on hand and it was the perfect amount)
1 pks pork sausage

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Mix all of the ingredients above together.  Shape into balls. I ended up making 36 balls.
**Mixture will be really crumbly and difficult to form into balls. Keep working it with your hands. It starts to mesh.

Bake 10-15 mins, until golden and sausage is cooked.

Here's Paula's recipe if you want to be exact.

And, here's a recipe to make your own baking mix.

These were deeeelicious!! Another keeper recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment