Friday, July 11, 2014

Five Dolla' Chalkboard



I've wished about a hundred times that I had a chalkboard wall in this town-home, y'all! I miss my Birmingham chalkboard walls, but since this space is temporary- I knew I could make a quick fix happen.

Yesterday Jeremy and I ran in Goodwill (that man will NEVER turn down the opportunity to thrift!) and I grabbed this terribly ugly artwork for $5 and I mean. Really. You just can't mess up a $5 project, y'all. Impossible.

This is the easiest DIY project. In the history of DIY. I promise. Find old artwork (I didn't even waste time searching for a cute frame, because I'm impatient like that!), remove the Goodwill sticker, paint with chalkboard paint (I used Valspar Chalkboard paint that I had around the house and painted three coats). Tape the frame if you want, but I'm sure you guys realize that I'm not a wait around until the paint dries kinda girl, right? Okay, good. We can be friends then.

Five dolla' chalkboard. Holla.

And, HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment