Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Christmas Biscuit Bar





This year for our Christmas morning breakfast I decided to do a biscuit bar. It turned out adorable, and was so easy to prepare yet still enjoy my babies excitement!!

I set up everything except the butter and homemade biscuits the night before. This made it simple to prepare the biscuits before our kids woke up (they sleep in every chance they get, so I had time to mix up the dough and stick it in the fridge for a bit). I used leftover wrapping paper for a simple "table runner" and used things we had around the house. I made the balloon garland a week ago for a girl's night I hosted. I moved it into our breakfast area and it was instantly festive! It doesn't have to be expensive or elaborate to be fun and festive! I've learned to use what I have, and work with it. My kids love the little, easy celebrations in our home!!


 I tried Joanna Gaines biscuit recipe for our homemade biscuits. Honestly wasn't sure what to think about adding the egg to the dough. They were good! I also picked up these delicious preserves from HEB. The fig was a family favorite!



I will definitely try a biscuit bar again for upcoming parties. It was easy and Jonah loved being able to sample the jams! I found a few savory herbed butters (I mean, come on!). I'm a savory breakfast girl so I can't wait to try them. Do you have any favorite butter recipes??

No comments:

Post a Comment