Friday, December 28, 2018

Unforgettable (Strawberry) Bread



The recipe I make the most in our home is bread. Strawberry Bread, Banana Bread, Blueberry Bread, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread.... the possibilities are endless, and I have most likely tried every variation possible. I have a go-to recipe I use as my base and then switch up the fruit and nuts depending on the season, what I'm craving and what my gang is hungry for!

The original recipe is "Strawberry Bread" and it was given to me by my late Sister-in-law, Stephanie. She made Strawberry Bread for any occasion and her babies loved it. We all loved it. She was THE QUEEN of hospitality and I miss her dearly every single day. I hope I've inherited some of her hostess-with-the-mostess traits!

This Strawberry Bread recipe was my very first recipe card the year that Jeremy and I got married (2008)! Stephanie gave me one of her Longaberger Basket Cards to copy her recipe on and I seriously cherish it!




I love the note at the bottom she had me add, "Mix a little strawberry juice with cream cheese, spread between two pieces of bread for party sandwiches". That little sentence TOTALLY sums up her personality, and zest for life. Make the little things big. It's the heart of this blog and my goal with social media in general. Celebrate the everyday, and extraordinary ordinary moments with my babies, family and friends!

So, back to the bread. Here's another tip for the best bread- I always coat my pan with oil, and then sugar. I use a paper towel to spread the oil thinly all around the pan (sides and bottom), then sprinkle sugar right in. Uhmm the more the merrier, y'all. It creates a crunchy sugary crust that is THE BEST! Please promise you'll try it the next time you bake a loaf of bread and report back here?!

Lastly- this is a dump in the mixer bread recipe. I do it every single time. It probably goes against every true baking rule in the book, and I don't care. This bread recipe works, and is amazing regardless of what I do! The bread pictured above is Banana-Pecan. I used two over-ripe bananas I had laying around, and halved the recipe (it makes two large loaves) to make one loaf. I added a handful of chopped pecans and a sprinkling of cinnamon on top for good measure. It is truly delicious slathered with butter- straight from the oven! I normally only need to bake my bread for 50mins or so (depends on how hot and quick your oven cooks!).


Substitute two cups of your choice of fruit or nuts to give the recipe a different spin!


This recipe makes 8 mini loaves, or 2 regular sized loaves of bread. I would LOVE to know if you give the original Strawberry Bread recipe a try. It makes me so happy to know Steph's favorite bread recipe lives on, and is well-loved by our family. I hope yours enjoys it also!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! Breads are my fave too! I usually have to use a bunch of different bowls so I like that your recipe is forgiving! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete