Thursday, December 27, 2018

Tasty Potato Soup

I love trying new recipes. If given the choice of an old faithful recipe or a new one- I'll take the new one. It helps that Jeremy is the least picky person on planet Earth! I had a craving for a bowl of potato soup and crusty french bread piled high with butter so I tried a new recipe for Potato Soup for dinner last night! It was so delicious!!

Best Ever Potato Soup by Taste of Home



Honestly, was there ever a potato soup recipe that went wrong?? (Please share if so!) I've tried almost every variation known to man- from frozen hash-browns dumped into the pan to different kinds of cheese (love gouda!). This recipe will be filed under "weeknight winners" because it was quick, and it's great! Also, I'd like to note that it's a Taste of Home recipe and I feel like they are pretty tried and true. I skipped the Velveeta and subbed gouda and sharp cheddar. I also skipped the bacon step because I was out. It was still wonderful! We added sour cream and chives as toppings to go into ours along with the toasted (and butt'ahed) french bread.

Happy Weekend, friends! I'm about to make my HEB grocery delivery list. It's the best thing since, uhm, buttered french bread!!

No comments:

Post a Comment