Monday, March 31, 2014

Strawberry Pickin' + Sunlight











^^ I mean. This one just cracks me up!! ^^


Before I had Jonah I dreamed of all of the fun places + trips that we could take him on. Not really grand or expensive trips, but just simple adventures exploring our city and the surrounding area.  Adventuring is one of the best things about being a parent, I think. Taking Jonah to new places and watching his wonder and delight in learning something new. He's like a little sponge these days, just soaking everything up.

It just makes me feel like being a Mom is the best job in the entire world (and it totally is!!)...

Strawberry picking was pretttty high up on my list.  And, to make this move up to one of the best days ever, Jonah happens to LOVE strawberries. He has since he was an itty baby. The pure happiness on his face when he realized he could pick + eat as many strawberries as he wanted right off the vine (don't tell the farmers, y'all. We were breaking all the strawberry pickin' rules.) was the cutest. He was in strawberry heaven. 

We woke up early and headed out to Blessington Farms near Katy, TX. I invited Brooke and her Carterbear and seriously. We made a day of it. We got muddy + sweaty + played with our little dudes. There happened to be an Asian Food Truck on site, so we had a fun picnic lunch. Our boys played together, pushed each other around (mostly my child) and loved every minute of it. They were both sound asleep before we got a mile away from the Farm.

Saturday goes down in my books as one of the most fun days ever.
----

I'll pop back in later this week to chat about our Sunday trip to my parent's house. 
Happy Monday- love this life you've been given!

No comments:

Post a Comment