Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Ahhhhmazing Fish Tacos

Y'all. I made amazing Mahi Mahi fish tacos the other night and they're all I've been thinking about.

Lit-trah-lee. I picked up a package of Mahi fillets at HEB last week and stuck them in the freezer after googling "is it okay to freeze Mahi Mahi" (Yes, I did really google that. No. I am not ashamed to admit that I google the heck out of everything). Regardless, I was quite the skeptic because I haven't really cooked fish that much. Soo, the other day I defrosted the fillets in the fridge and prepped the rest of the ingredients.

(Forgot to mention that HEB was running one of those you buy this, you get that free, so we scored a bag of Dole shredded cabbage and Cilantro Cotija dressing FREE. Holllaaa.) Okay, so here's the line up of the crew...


Mahi Mahi Fish Tacos
1 pks Mahi Mahi Fillets (fresh or frozen)
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 clove garlic minced (fresh is best)
Cumin, Chili Powder, Salt & Pepper to taste (we like a lot of chili powder, and a little cumin)
*Brown in skillet or grill until white and flaky

Slaw:
1 pkg shredded cabbage (I used Dole)
1/2 small red onion thinly sliced
*I left this dry as I knew I had the dressing/and salsa to go on the tacos. You could add lime juice, or make a simple mayo sauce.

Avacado-Mango Salsa:
1 large avacado chopped
1 large mango chopped
1 clove garlic minced (fresh is again, best)
1/4 cup cilantro
1 tomato chopped (Hubs hates tomatoes so I left this one out)
1 lime squeezed over ingredients

Warm corn tortillas and layer fish, slaw and salsa on your taco. Top with Cilantro Cotija Dressing (or make your own!!). Eat. Delight in it.

And, if you have leftover slaw/salsa make yourself a delicious salad for lunch the next day!! I added a fresh peach to the mix and it was so. stinkin. good.

Overall I would rate these a 10. These are really, really good. Promise. These hips don't lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment