Monday, July 29, 2013

Fabric Garland Tutorial {Crafternoon Delight}



I love banners/garland. Fabric banners. Felt garland. Tissue banners. Something about a strand of garland that just screams FESTIVE to me. Loud and clear. I have different types of banners/garland throughout our home. A pom-pom garland in Jonah's nursery as well as a plaid pennant banner. A burlap banner in our living room. They're easy to make + cheap. What's not to love about that?!

Today we're discussing the cute fabric banners I made for Jonah's First Birthday Party. You can't go wrong with this garland. You just cut + tie. That's it!!

I used the following items for Jonah's garland:
1. Various ribbon (purchased at Hobby Lobby at 50% off)
2. One yard of fabric
3. Scrap of Burlap I had laying around
3. Twine
4. Hot glue (only used this to glue the number "1" onto the burlap, and to glue the burlap 1 accent piece to the twine)

Tips + Details:
Play around with your knots. I tied my strands onto the twine at the top and let the ends of my knots stick up. You really can't mess this up. The more strands you have squished together, the fuller/better it looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment