Thursday, August 15, 2013

Awkward Spaces

In our town-home we have a not so cute little window that peeks into the tiny kitchen area. It is not my favorite. Not by a long shot. Saying "it is not my favorite" is a reaaaally polite way of saying I hate it with a fierce passion. Hate. It.

Now, don't get me wrong. I appreciate the fact that they wanted there to be (some small?? and awkward??) form of communication between the dining/living area and the kitchen, but it is so inefficient and down right ugly. Useless!! Facts are facts. Regardless, I'm living with it for the next 10 months (not that I'm counting...ahem). So, on our recent getaway Jeremy spotted this rustic metal "make your own garland" in a little shop. Helllooooo. I'm a garland nut. You already know this. I bought it thinking I could move it around and make it multi-functional.

The first place I thought of when I walked in the door was this awkward peek-a-boo window wall. Yuck. Up went the garland. We clipped our favorite Jonah-grams to it and I'm already liking the awkward wall a lot better. Success.


Okay, not total success. But much better. I have a few more plans for this wall. I'll keep you updated as we make progress. Any progress is better than ugly + blank + awkward peek-a-boo window, right?!

What are you living with + working on + trying to be positive about in your current abode?? Share!!

No comments:

Post a Comment