Monday, August 5, 2013

Celebration Tree

I have an immense love of celebrating life. The great big things and the small, almost insignificant things that others wouldn't think to bake a cake for. You know. Holidays, milestones, Friday night dates. Doesn't matter what it is. You mix that together with my love of crafting and BAM. Our house is one happy abode.



This coming Friday Jeremy and I celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary. Five big years. They're flying by because we're absolutely having fun. Time flies faster that way, right?! We are going away for a long weekend together and I couldn't be more excited. It will be our first over-night weekend trip away from our Nugget. I know we will have the best time together. Can't. Wait.

So, back to my topic. With our anniversary drawing near I pulled out my trusty Celebration Tree. It's one of those material things I would grab (after scooping up Jonah, of course!!) if our house were on fire. It's pretty special to me. Jeremy's sister, Stephanie, gifted it to me. (Steph is no longer with us. She passed away in May of 2010. Cancer sucks! BUT, her memory definitely lives on around our house!!) Basically, the "tree" is an iron stand with prongs. It comes with metal toppers for special holidays (Christmas, Easter, Halloween, etc..) and you decorate it how you see fit for each occasion. I put it to good use for every little thing (and then some).

I added a new ceramic wedding cake topper this year and stuck a few pom poms on it (don't they make everything more festive!?!). Steph also gifted us with the dessert plates and coffee mugs for our first wedding anniversary. I love pulling them out of the cabinet each year and using them with Hub. It's a special treat!

I love my family so much and feel blessed to be able to celebrate life with them every single day.

---
I hope your Monday is sweet!


1 comment:

  1. She gave me cuupcake plates like those and I LOVE THEM! We use them like regular plates and I smile everytime we use them :) love having her memory around through gifts that remind me of her :)

    ReplyDelete