Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Ocean Bauble {Splurge vs. Steal}


Recently, while doing a bit of product research for work, I found the two necklaces above. A splurge vs. steal, if you will. I thought it would be fun to share this example with you guys. I am really interested in the concept behind what makes people purchase things at a higher price point at particular stores. 

The necklace on the left is from Anthropologie. Necklace on the right is from an Etsy shop. 

What is it about this necklace that would make you pay $53.10 more for it at Anthropologie??

Quickly- a list of questions form in my mind. Is the quality better at Anthropologie? Workmanship? Are you just paying for a brand? Different materials? Are these made similar? At the same factory, even? Interesting to think about, right?! 

Being on the other side of the coin (product development + design in the wholesale industry) makes it even more complex to me. So, I just thought I would share a bit of my day to day work-life. And, if you're wondering..I would definitely purchase the steal, not the splurge!
--

ONE more work day and then Hub and I are off to celebrate our anniversary. Happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment