Monday, August 26, 2013

Faux it UP {No Sew Window Panels}

Confession is good for the soul, right? Okay, good. I have a confession to make, y'all. I don't sew my window panels. Ever. Especially not if I purchase the yardage and make them myself. And no one is the wiser. Fancy that. Here's how I achieve my faux magic...


1. Cut your panels in the desired length. Fold the top down (I always measure from my rod, to the floor before this step to make sure my panels are the perfect "kiss the floor" length!) and crease (or iron a crease).
2. Then, fold the sides in towards the middle to hide the not so pretty side edges (at this point you can use iron on adhesive to make a real side seam, or sew a seam if you prefer. I prefer to fold.).
3. Clip your first ring to the end of the panel. 
4. Lay out your rings (I use 7 per panel) in even increments along the top of your panel (you can measure if you want to be particular, I never measure. Ha!).
5. Gather up your ring and make sure the panel looks professional, and your rings are placed evenly.
6. Install your rod and hang your fabulous panels! (Make sure your panels kiss/puddle on the floor so you don't have to hem the bottom. Otherwise, hem or no sew the bottom so they don't fray!)

Note: This is probably not the best solution for you if you don't change your mind very often (planning to keep your panels for 10 years?? Sew them!!!), but for those of you like me who change it up and change your mind quite often, this works perfectly. You can re-purpose the fabric quite easily. Lazy girls guide to panels. Boom.

I plan to share more of the family room once it's complete. I have a plan and I'm working on it. Can't wait.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Yep, were family!!! Jimmy is constantly giving me a hard time for changing my mind about our house!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete