Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Birthday Thoughts

I turned 36 on Monday.

It was a regular, ordinary day at home with my babies and honestly- I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate another year of health and happiness! I am at the absolute best place in life right now- mentally, physically and spiritually. I'm content with NOW, truly happy in everyday moments. After the roughest year possible, I am thrilled to be sitting pretty for a fresh start in 2019. Here are some things that make me happy, bring joy, or I just want to remember about my life at 36 years old:

  • Jeremy's new schedule and flexibility allows for him to wake up and have coffee with me and breakfast with Jonah before he leaves for the day. He's also walked in our door BEFORE 6 PM more days since he started this position than ever in the history of our married life. This is life changing for our family. I'm so thankful for the provision of God!
  • I am dating my spouse and I freaking love it. Jeremy and I have gone on more dates the last three months than ever in our 10 married years. We're making our relationship a priority and we can see the results- it's a wonderful realization!
  • I've focused on being present in the moment with my kids and Jeremy the last year and I can tell that it's made a difference in my perspective, outlook on life and attitude in general. My heart is truly content, thankful and filled with joy. It hasn't always been that way, and I just want to celebrate that. 
  • Through the years I've always longed for us to have a large group of friends to grow old with. As our children grow, it's so nice to have a gang of friends that are experiencing a lot of the same things. At 36, I feel like we totally have this- and they're awesome! They show up for me. In fact, they all showed up at my door the other night unexpectedly to celebrate my birthday and we laughed late into the night. That was a highlight of my birthday! It made me feel so special knowing that each of them is in my corner. Friends make life FUN and I am thankful for ours!
  • I've discovered that I love working out!! Truly love it. I feel alive. I feel strong. I'm currently working out 5 days per week and I hit my goal weight in 2018. I weigh less than before I had Jonah Knox. I weigh less than before I got married. I feel so great and confident in my own skin. I'm hitting my stride in my 30's and it feels SO GOOD. I have lots of work to do before I turn 40 (next milestone birthday), and I'm going to achieve my personal fitness goals!!
  • We are making our family goals a priority this year. We sat down at the beginning of 2019 and all got to talk about the trips, outings and experiences we want to take together. Our focus is experiences over stuff. Adventures over things. Materialistic things don't matter. Memories will never fade or grow old. 
  • Sutton is about to turn TWO next month. We've entered the most fun stage with her. I walked through a rough season when she was first born because it was hard to go from having a four year old BACK to the newborn stage. Now that she's almost two we're hitting our stride in this area of our life, too. Feels SO GOOD!
  • Serving at Grace has brought so much joy to my life.  I love to meet first time guests, and make a connection with them! I'm glad we took the plunge in 2018 and made this commitment to lead and serve others. 
That's it for now. I'm just happy to be here. Sounds funny, but it's my truth. I have such JOY about life these days. My heart is happy and free. Here are a few photos I snapped this past weekend and on my birthday. Love these three humans so much it hurts. 











No comments:

Post a Comment