Thursday, January 17, 2019

WICTW: Episode 1

Ever wonder what other people cook for dinner? I certainly do! I'm always game to receive links to healthy, somewhat quick and simple dinners to make for my family. I try to cook at least four nights a week and coming up with a fresh menu each week can get... BORING. TIRING. You Momma's know how it goes! I thought I would share "what I cooked this week" and try to post at least once a month with new things we've tried and liked for easy, weeknight dinner ideas. These are my WEEKNIGHT WINNERS!

1. Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup:
https://www.cookingclassy.com/slow-cooker-chicken-tortilla-soup-2/?fbclid=IwAR3919XHgP9rVMscJwKDI46wj0uBznUC_oTI0GaH-isBGxb12jJTIhMjP4A

A friend shared this link, and I've made it multiple times. I shred cheese, slice limes into wedges and serve with sour cream, sliced jalapenos and tortilla chips, or crunchy tortilla strips. It is seriously SO good!

2. Crockpot Honey Garlic Chicken:
https://chefsavvy.com/slow-cooker-honey-garlic-chicken/

I serve this over a mixture of brown rice and cauliflower rice, and add sesame seeds, chopped scallions. This time I made it I also threw in a bag of sugar snap peas. Jonah LOVES them and the crockpot steams them!

I've also made this recipe a couple of times. Similar and also great:
https://www.skinnytaste.com/crock-pot-sesame-honey-chicken/

3. Crockpot BBQ Chicken (Baked Potatoes):
https://www.familyfreshmeals.com/2014/06/best-crockpot-bbq-chicken.html

Stuff this chicken into your baked potatoes! We add shredded cheese, sour cream, and chives!

4. Sheet pan Nachos (family style) & Shrimp Ceviche
Okay, so you're going to have to follow me. I kind of wing the Shrimp Ceviche! Here are my ingredients:
-1 package of COOKED baby/small shrimp, peeled and devained. Defrosted under running water!
-1 jalapeno, remove seeds and chop finely
-3 limes, juiced
-1 lemon, juiced
-1 bunch of cilantro chopped (I never chop the stems)
-1/2 red onion, finely chopped
-Add a couple Tbsp (however much you like, I probably use 3-4T) of Heinz Cocktail Sauce
-Dash of garlic salt

Mix everything together and taste. Similar to guacamole- if it needs more lime juice add it. If it needs salt, add here. Refrigerate for a couple of hours!

Grab your big sheet pan, layer tortilla chips in a single layer, and shredded cheese on top (whatever kind you have on hand!). Eat the nachos with the Shrimp Ceviche- and other salsa you have on hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment