Sunday, January 20, 2019

GNO: Trader Joe's Style

Girl's Night Out? Yep.

GROCERY night out? Double yep.


Have you ever been grocery shopping WITH your girlfriends? If not- you should definitely put the babies to bed and hit up Trader Joe's with your gang!! We had so. much. fun. roaming the aisles, reading labels and laughing!! I made a list of new items I wanted to pick up on our TJ's run and here's what I actually came home with:

  • Gluten Free Crispbread
  • Egg white salad with Chives (so few calories and 7g of protein!)
  • Peanut Butter Pretzels (they're $1.99 at TJ's!)
  • Cauliflower Gnocchi
  • Mandarin Orange Chicken
  • Chile Lime Chicken Burgers (these babies have 19g protein EACH!!!)
  • Edamame shelled (for my Badger- he LOVES edamame!)
  • Riced Cauliflower
  • Cauliflower "rice" stir fry
  • Thai Yellow Curry Sauce
  • Mochi Ice Cream (didn't last long- Jeremy and Jonah LIVE for mochi!!!)
  • Everything but the bagel seasoning
Okay, so I think I spent $55 and came home with a basket-full of new things to cook! I've already cooked the Chile Lime Chicken burgers two ways and wanted to share:

1. Chile Lime Chicken Wraps -Simple and basic way to cook these! I browned the chicken patties and served in lettuce wraps as an actual "burger" with roasted potato "fries" on the side. They were delicious like this!
2. Chile Lime Egg Scramble- This morning I cut a burger in half and crumbled into my skillet with sliced onions and orange bell pepper (what I had on hand). Once the chicken was cooked through- I added 3 egg whites and scrambled, then sprinkled everything but the bagel seasoning on it. Super filling and great breakfast!!

I'll definitely be making the egg scramble in the morning again for Jeremy and I. Kind of wishing I had purchased several packages of these!! Now I know for next time. 

And, a flop to share- I tried the cauliflower gnocchi tonight for dinner. I literally gagged. Maybe I'm not a cauliflower gnocchi girl?? I love my basic pasta too much?? Maybe. But the texture was off, AND I could still taste....cauliflower. Gag. No thanks!! I'd rather eat 1/2c of pasta and call it a day, y'all. Lesson learned!! 

Last but not least- for a quick snack today I had the Egg white salad on top of a crisp bread cracker. SO GOOD-


What are your favorite, or can't live without (healthy!) TJ items?? Please share- I'd love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment