Sunday, January 13, 2019

Meal Prep: Chicken and Veggies 3-Ways

I'm on week three of meal prepping for my man (say that three times really fast!). Week one we tried a semi-homemade approach and he took salads from HEB. It was great, but was waaaay too expensive to get all of the vegetables and protein that he needed. Last week I cooked everything for him- and it made a complete disaster in my kitchen! I dirtied ALL the dishes roasting chicken breasts and veggies separately so their individual sauces didn't mix. It also took too many hours of my Sunday afternoon. Not happening!

This week I'm here for it. And I have a cheat to share that totally cut my time in half, and only dirtied two sheet pans and a bowl!! Let's dish-



I tasked Jeremy with picking out the fresh vegetables he wanted me to roast. This week we are roasting zucchini, squash, Brussels, bell pepper, onion, and carrots. I greased the sheet pan with olive oil and put everything in a single layer. He added the seasonings he wanted (I saw him use garlic salt, ground mustard, paprika, and pepper). We roasted on 400 for about 35 minutes! Next, I roasted four chicken breasts in the same manner. Olive oil and seasonings- baked at 350 for about 30mins.

Next, sauces. Our goal was to mix up the chicken and vegetables and give him different flavors via the sauce. Here's what we came up with this week:

1. Honey Dijon: Mix together 2Tbsp of dijon mustard, 1tsp honey and a squeeze of lemon juice
2. Asian Garlic Soy: Bring 1tsp brown sugar, a couple Tbsp of soy sauce, plus one clove of fresh garlic minced to boil (I did this in the microwave)
3. Good old BBQ sauce (can't take credit for this- all credit goes to Sweet Baby Ray)
4. (Repeat of Honey Dijon because Jeremy loved the taste of the sauce so much!)


So that's where we are this week!! I'm super excited for Jeremy to take these and come home with his review! I'll keep y'all posted and share other tips and tricks we learn as we go! If you have any tried and true meal prep tips- share away. I'd love to know what you do to mix it up.....

No comments:

Post a Comment