Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Fun, Fit and Fabulous

Anyone else have BIG fitness goals for 2019?

I certainly do.  In 2018 I really focused and made a determined effort to kick the baby weight I had hanging around to the curb- and I did it! At the beginning of the year a group of friends and I created a text thread for those of us who consistently workout and are working towards specific, individual, fitness goals. We are three weeks in and what an amazing feeling it is to have an army of cheerleaders in your corner cheering you on when you hit a goal, face a slump day or need a kick in the butt to move! We are all doing our own thing- and meet for breakfast on Saturday mornings. It is LIFE-giving to me!! I love everything about empowering and supporting my friends with their own goals!!

I began taking my measurements on January 1, 2019 and plan to take them weekly, checking in and posting in our group (One of my friends kept her weekly measurements last year, and her results are stunning!! She recommended this and it is so telling as compared to the scale!). I wanted to share my progress here on the blog so I can keep a record of my progress, struggles and goals throughout 2019. So, without further ado, here are my weekly measurements thus far:

WEEK 1
January 1, 2019
Bust 38"
Waist 34.5"
Hips 43"
Thighs 25"

WEEK 2
January 7, 2019
Bust 37.75" (-.25)
Waist 33.5"  (-1)
Hips 42.5" (-.5)
Thighs 25"

WEEK 3
January 14, 2019
Bust 37" (-1)
Waist 32.5"  (-2)
Hips 41" (-2)
Thighs 25"

In three weeks- with focused cardio, strength training and healthy eating I am down 5 inches!!

The scale has actually gone up four pounds, but WHO even CARES about that when you've lost 5 inches?????!?!?! I know this an initial loss and I may plateau soon but I am CELEBRATING NOW!!! It feels great to see the progress and results of my hard work. And yes, it IS hard work to stay focused and determined with making healthy food choices and working out, but once you make up your mind- it's totally possible! And, it feels amazing, y'all!

Right now I am still doing my at-home video workouts (3x per week) and jogging 2x per week for a total of 5 workouts per week, in conjunction with eating healthy!

(I'll share more about the workouts in another post I'm composing- so check back for that soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment