Friday, January 11, 2019

View from Above

When we first started discussing a career move for Jeremy we began praying about it. Due to circumstances surrounding it, we both knew our steps needed to be guided from God. We began discussing this around the beginning of 2018. Jeremy came home from work one day and said he saw a hawk on a job site. He didn't notice it at first but it literally landed so close to him. He was able to take a photo of it. I didn't think much of it... and I don't think he did either at the first sighting!  Over the next few months he continued to see hawks everywhere he went throughout his days at work. He mentioned it to me again a few months later. It became significant enough for him to notice and bring up once he got home. I realized it was important because Jeremy is a leave it at the office kind of guy but still didn’t think much of it...

One evening in July we were walking around our block together. Just he and I. We were intensely discussing his career, our future, and the rough season we were walking through. I remember the EXACT spot on the street that we were. He stopped me. Told me to be quiet and look ahead. Literally 15 feet in front of us, a hawk landed. In the MIDDLE OF THE STREET!!! We stopped where we were and we immediately prayed a simple prayer for God to guide our steps and show us His plan and path for our life. We needed his guidance! I remember crying. It felt like God was right there! In the middle of chaos and a turbulent time- God was with us. Giving us sign after sign. We had little, but we had God.

Fast forward another few months. Jeremy received a great job offer. We prayed about it and felt it was finally the right timing AND the right path for our family. Regardless of knowing that- and feeling absolutely assured of that fact, we encountered a rough day, or week actually, in regards to our finances and income. This was right as he was making the transition to his new job. Isn't it funny how easy it is to slip back into an old mentality of thought??? I did!! I was immediately anxious! Concerned for our family. How could I fix this? I was anxious as to how we would pay bills that week.I went to sleep and was so stressed about it that I couldn't rest. Could NOT turn off my brain to sleep. You know when you go to sleep there's this peaceful darkness when you close your eyes, and then you simply drift to sleep? It wasn't that way. When I closed my eyes there were tons of bright swirling colors and I couldn't get to the restful/peaceful place to actually fall asleep.

I prayed a simple prayer. I'm not a super-spiritual person by any means but as soon as I prayed, as clear as day, in my mind- I saw the silhouette of a hawk. My eyes were closed. I was laying in bed, and I know with every breath in my body it was God. As I saw the silhouette of the hawk I heard this in my mind-

"Lindsay- I will protect you. I will cover you. I will give you rest."

Those three things. Protection. Covering. Rest. 


My friend Courtney posted this verse on Facebook the other day and it prompted a wonderful conversation between us about this story- so timely and wonderful! 

YOU GUYS!!!! That is crazy to me!!!! I immediately went into a deep sleep. Jeremy came to bed a little later and it startled me. I woke up, and told him my dream (I don't remember telling him! I was so mentally exhausted and tired.). And you guys. God totally showed up for us!!!!! Through an amazing turn of events- Jeremy was paid, unexpectedly, from his new company the following day. On a random Thursday. LITERALLY it was God! I feel so secure and safe in His hands. He holds our future and He is writing our story SO WELL, you guys!!!!! He is a Good, Good Father and does everything perfectly.

Jeremy and I have discussed the hawk sighting with a few people and researched it. It holds a significant place in our life now. Isn't it wonderful to know that God is guiding us, in SO many different ways?!? He used a bird, very literally, to show us his plan and path. A higher perspective. A view from above.

Can I just encourage you if you’re reading this? God is listening!! He knows where we are at. When you turn over your plans to Him, He really will show up for you. I am such a stubborn, strong-willed person. It's taken me (well, over a year if you read the previous post about our life) so long to get to this point, but now that I'm here it feels so good to trust in Him. I really do feel like no matter what happens, HE can work it out according to His plan. It's a weird place for me. Weird because it's so new and I tend to deal in reality and glass half-emptyness but God is showing me. Using people and situations throughout 2018 he flipped the switch on my faith. On perspective. Attitude. He’s totally working on me. The new freedom I feel to trust Him is so wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment