Monday, January 14, 2019

Scrambled Fiesta Eggs



One of my personal healthy living resolutions this year was to make myself, Jeremy and Jonah hot breakfasts before work and school. It requires a bit of work to get up earlier, prep and cook, but honestly thinking about giving them such a healthy start to their day motivates me! A friend inspired me (Hi, Ashley!) and has cooked breakfasts for her gang for years. I love it and decided I want to do the same this year. 

This morning I came up with a fun, new twist on scrambled egg whites. Sometimes the blah texture of whites only just gets to me (sidenote- this recipe was for me. I use some yellows for Jer and Jonah). Also, I'm a total savory & spicy girl so my whites need some kick. 
Here's what I used today:

1/2 tsp butter melted, and then saute-
1/4c bell peppers, chopped
2Tbsp red onion, chopped
5 egg whites (I also added pepper, cumin, paprika, and garlic salt to my egg whites)

Then, I added 2Tbsp of the crunchy tortilla strips 
and 1Tbsp of the Guacamole salsa (both pictured below)
* I would have added tomatoes and avocados if I had them on hand!

Here's the nutrition:
195 calories
11.7g fat
8.8g carbs
1g fiber
21.6g protein

Seriously SO GOOD! A delicious, healthy and really filling breakfast- with a kick!

I found these at Walmart and picked them up for our tortilla soup, but they're great on SO many things and provide the crunch that I need. I've used on salads, eggs, etc...

We LOVE this Guacamole Salsa!!! Literally I could drink it! I use it on anything that needs a kick! English muffin breakfast sandwiches, chicken tacos, etc... It's seriously so tasty!!

No comments:

Post a Comment